BUREAU OF WORKERS’ COMPENSATION HEALTH & SAFETY DIVISION/PATHS
Annual Workplace Safety Committee Initial & Re-Certification Training – June 2017
Governor Wolf’s Initiative on Opioids- June, 2017
Drug & Alcohol Awareness – Supervisors – Wednesday, June 28th from 1:30pm – 2:30pm
General Safety Webinars – June & July, 2017
- Workplace Violence – Tuesday, June 27th at 9:30am
- Near Miss – Tuesday, June 27th at 1:30pm
- Active Shooter – Basic – Thursday, June 29th at 9:30am
- Safe Patient Handling – Thursday, June 29th at 1:30pm
- Active Shooter – Wednesday, July 5th at 9:30am
- Flagger Safety – Wednesday, July 5th at 1:30pm
- Camping Safety – Thursday, July 6th at 9:30am
- Maritime Safety – Thursday, July 6th at 1:30pm
- Spill Prevention Countermeasure & Control Plan – Tuesday, July 11th at 1:30pm
- Dealing with Angry People – Wednesday, July 12th at 9:30am
- Health Hazards in Construction – Wednesday, July 12th at 1:30pm
- Underground Storage Tanks – Thursday, July 13th at 9:30am
- Aging Workforce – Thursday, July 13th at 1:30pm
- Difficult Co-Workers – Tuesday, July 18th at 9:30am
- Excavation & Trenching – Tuesday, July 18th at 1:30pm
- Experience Rating – Wednesday, July 19th at 9:30am
- Heat Related Illness/Injuries – Wednesday, July 19th at 1:30pm
- Backyard & Wildlife Safety – Thursday, July 20th at 9:30am
- Summer Safety – Tuesday, July 25th at 9:30am
- Insect Safety – Tuesday, July 25th at 1:30pm
- Poison Ivy – ednesday, July 26th at 9:30am
- Working Alone – Thursday, July 27th at 9:30am
- OSHA Top Ten – Thursday, July 27th at 1:30pm
Webinar duration is approximately 1 hour depending on course material as well as viewer participation.
Annual Workplace Safety Committee Initial & Re-Certification Training
- Re-Certification Training on Thursday, July 20th from 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- Initial Training on Tuesday, July 11th from 9:30am – 11:00am
- Initial Training on Wednesday, July 26th from 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Governor Wolf’s Initiative on Opioids
- DrugFree Workplace – Employee Assistance Program Training in partnership with Victor Parziale and DrugFree Workplace PA, Monday, July 17th from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Drug Free Workplace – Creating a Drug Free Workplace in partnership with Victor Parziale and DrugFree Workplace PA, Friday, July 28th from 9:30am – 11:30am
To register for any of these events just click on the link(s) above and you will be automatically re-directed to the event homepage and a registration form.We can come to your location and provide training for your organization if you can provide at least 25 participants. For more information contact email@example.com To register for any of our safety trainings available, classroom or webinar, please visit the PATHS Training Calendar.
National Safety Council Defensive Driving (DDC-4) Classroom Training – June 27
Tuesday June 27, 2017, 8:30am to 12:30pm at the PA Turnpike Commission Western Regional Office, 2200 North Center Avenue, New Stanton, PA 15672. Click here to register. You must have a valid Drivers’ License to attend this class. If we do not reach a minimum of 25 participants session will be cancelled.
2017-2018 Adult Programs Now Open For Enrollment
Auto Body * Auto Mechanics * Building Trades * Cosmetology * Class A CDL Training * Culinary Arts * Computer Network Engineering * Computer Technology * Digital Media Arts * Drafting, Design & Engineering * Health Assisting * Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning * Machine Shop * Practical Nursing * Welding/Metal Fabrication. For more information visit www.jefftech.info, contact the Adult Education Department at 814-653-8256, ext. 182, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Microsoft Courses
Our instructor-facilitated online courses are informative, fun, convenient, and highly interactive. Our instructors are famous for their ability to create warm and supportive communities of learners. All courses run for six weeks (with a 10-day grace period at the end). Courses are project-oriented and include lessons, quizzes, hands-on assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more. You can complete any course entirely from your home or office, any time of the day or night. New course sessions begin monthly. Please visit our Online Instruction Center to see exact start dates for the courses that interest you.
- Intro to Microsoft Word
Learn how to create and modify documents in Word, the most popular word-processing program available
- Intro to Microsoft Excel
Discover dozens of shortcuts and tricks, and learn to secrets behind writing powerful formulas, using functions, sorting and analyzing data, creating custom charts, and much more
- Intro to Microsoft PowerPoint
Learn to create impressive slide presentations filled with visually stimulating elements
- Intro to Microsoft Access
Learn how Microsoft’s powerful database can help you store and manage information you’ve collected about your business, home, or community
- Intro to Microsoft Outlook
Learn the essentials of Microsoft Outlook 2013 from an expert instructor. Get up and running quickly with the most important aspects of the program.
- Intro to Windows 10
Learn to use the powerful new operating system, including how to customize your desktop, manage files and folders, and navigate the web with the new Microsoft Edge browser.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION CENTER
Click the links below for information on current offerings and courses held at the CEC:
- Community Education Center Programs, Courses, and Current Offerings
– constantly-updated list of current offerings and courses
- CEC Summer Brochure – Upcoming Trainings, Workshops and Courses at the CEC for Summer 2017
- Industry Trainings Available Through the CEC
Microsoft & Technology Schedule, Summer 2017
July 13 – Microsoft Word 1 2013 – noon-4PM – St. Marys CEC – cost $69.00
Register online or call 814-362-5078
PENN STATE EXTENSION/CLARION UNIVERSITY SBDC
Food Safety Certification/ServSafe
Please join the Penn State Extension and the Clarion University Small Business Development Center as they present Food Safety/ServSafe Certification in various locations in western Pennsylvania. Organizations and businesses including restaurants, food businesses, non-profit kitchens, and food handlers may be required to meet PDA food safety certification. The ServSafe course, conducted by Penn State Extension, is for individuals preparing for the exam. After attending the ServSafe classes and passing the proctored, multiple-choice exam with a score of 75% or higher, participants will receive a ServSafe certificate, which meets the PDA requirements for food safety certification.
Click here to view course brochure
Saint Marys —- Register — June: Tuesday June 29 and July 6 —- Directions
Clarion —- Register — July: Thursday July 20 and July 27 —- Directions
Cranberry —- Register — September: Tuesday September 5 and September 12 —- Directions
Coudersport —- Register — October: Wednesday October 18 and October 25 —- Directions
DuBois —- Register — November: Wednesday November 29 and December 6 —- Directions
Register online: http://extension.psu.edu/food-safety/serv-safe
or by phone 814-849-7361 Fee $185 – includes book, study guides, and examination
PENN STATE DUBOIS
Management Seminar for Healthcare Professionals – June 27-28
Penn State DuBois and Workforce Solutions for North Central Pennsylvania (formerly the Workforce Development Board) are pleased to provide an unprecedented professional development opportunity in our area. This 12-hour seminar, led by experienced faculty from the Penn State University College of Nursing, will present information related to the following topic areas: Leadership, Economics and Policy, Operations, Workforce Management, Business, and Strategic Management. Date: Tuesday and Wednesday, June 27 and 28 time: 9:00AM – 4:00PM location: Penn State DuBois DEF Building, Room 201 Fee: $1,200 Registration: Grant funding is available to employees of healthcare agencies located in the counties of Cameron, Clearfield, Elk, Jefferson, McKean and Potter – they must be PA residents. To determine eligibility and for agencies outside of these 6 counties please contact Pam Streich, Workforce Solutions at 814-245-1835, or by email at email@example.com, to determine eligibility.
Making the Right Decision: A Study In Ethics for the Mental Health Professional – July 26
This course is designed to meet the annual continuing education ethics training requirements for credentialed rehabilitation and human services personnel including Social Workers, Family and Marriage Therapists, Professional Counselors, and Mental Health Clinicians. The program is split into two 3-hour sessions that may be attended independently or together.
Session One – 9AM – noon, $125: Includes a review of ethical standards in counseling. The course will include a review of the ethics codes and the Ethical Decision Making Model, as well as case studies that highlight the appropriate application of ethical standards. This half of the course will also review the issues related to maintaining confidentiality, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and insurance fraud.
Session Two – 1PM – 4PM, $125: Is designed to help mental health clinicians increase their self-awareness and identify their own values and beliefs, and how those values and beliefs influence the counseling process. Moreover, clinicians, through their raised self-awareness, will learn how their values and beliefs may interfere with ethical practice and the negative outcomes it can have on the therapeutic process. Clinicians will also review their clients’ rights and how these rights have changed in light of technological advances and how the rights of minority client populations differ between groups. date: Wednesday, July 26 fee: $125 per session Location: Penn State DuBois, DEF Building Instructor: Sara Mays, LSW, CPRP. REGISTER HERE!
CLARION UNIVERSITY SBDC
Upcoming Seminars: Click on a seminar for more information and to register!
Business skills workshops for the months of June and July:
- Food Safety – ServSafe Certification: Thursday, June 29 and Thursday, July 6, 2017 in Saint Marys @ 9:00 am
- Food Safety – ServSafe Certification: Thursday, July 20 and Thursday, July 27, 2017 in Clarion @ 9:00 am
Thinking of starting your own business? Attend a First Step Seminar. The First Steps to Start and Finance Your Business: click on a location for details
- Emporium: Wednesday June 28, 2017, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Clarion: Saturday July 1, 2017, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Smethport: Friday July 14, 2017, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- DuBois: Wednesday July 19, 2017, 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Kittanning: Friday July 21, 2017, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Coudersport: Wednesday July 26, 2017, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
What’s Happening in the Area? Click below for more information.
- Cohort III of the Veterans Entrepreneurial Jumpstart program is now enrolling (October 14-22, 2017 Philadelphia PA)
- ‘Get on the Trail!’ Entrepreneurial Business Plan Contest (Deadline September 22, 2017 5 pm)
- Lean Six Sigma: Green Belt Certification 9-Day Course (Summer 2017 Saint Marys)
- Veterans 3D Training Program (June 2017 Pittsburgh)
- Need To Hire Employees – #1 Job Source – Northwest Pennsylvania Hiring Veterans
- Earn Federal Income Tax Credits for Hiring Veterans
- Pennsylvania SBDC and Innovation Partnership to Assist Startup Tech Companies with SBIR/STTR Funding
- Exclusive Offer From QuickBooks & Square: Click here for great discounts
- Microsoft guidance for WannaCrypt Malware Attack
- Delivering Exceptional Customer Service: 3 Best Practices (Webinar)
- Microsoft Security Risk Assessment
- Social selling: Using social networks to grow sales (Webinar)
Visit our website for more news!
Navigating Entrepreneurship – July 26
Entrepreneurs need more than financing to succeed. Educational opportunities paired with flexible financing helps maximize small business success. Join Bridgeway Capital and the Clarion University SBDC in a roundtable discussion that will help participants to navigate entrepreneurship. Explore how to design and implement smart business goals with business experts and established business owners. A Bridgeway Capital moderator will guide conversation and encourage participants to share entrepreneurial aspirations and experiences. The discussion will cover topics includine transitioning from idea to implementation, strategizing for success, building your team, and growing your bottom line. Speaker: Aaron Aldrich, Business Education Director, Bridgeway Capital When: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 Where: Clarion University SBDC (Barnes Center), 330 North Point Drive, Suite 100, larion PA 16214-3873 Directions Time: 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm (11:30 am registration) Cost: $10.00 Lunch provided (Please preregister and prepay to save your seat) Register Online Now or Call the Clarion University SBDC at (814) 393-2060 or Toll free at 1 (877) 292-1843 or Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?
3-Part Unemployment Compensation Series – Summer/Fall 2017
Understanding unemployment compensation and the application of its laws can be tricky. This seminar series brings the expertise right to you with a representative from the Office of Unemployment Compensation Benefits. In addition, at the conclusion of each seminar, presenters will include a Q&A session. Three events with six individual topics! Accounting and Human Resource Professionals: Each session has been approved for 3 CPE credits through the Center for Accounting Education & Research. These sessions have been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for approval of 3 professional development credits through the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Register Online Now Below or Call the Clarion University SBDC at (814) 393-2060 or Toll free at 1 (877) 292-1843 or Email: mailto:email@example.com?
Speaker: Nancy Smithbauer, Workforce Development Representative, Customer Service Division When: Summer/Fall 2017
Where: Best Western Inn & Conference Center, 82 North Park Place, DuBois PA 15801 Directions Cost: $20.00 per seminar or $50.00 for the entire 3-Part series (Please preregister and prepay to save your seat)
– Get Information and Register Online For Clarion University SBDC Workshops Now
August 15 – Register for Unemployment Compensation Series I: Unemployment Compensation 101 and SIDES
September 19 – Register for Unemployment Compensation Series II: Separation Issues and Refusing Suitable Work
October 17 – Register for Unemployment Compensation Series III: Relief from Charges and UC Overpayments
– Unemployment Compensation Series I, II, & III: Save $10 and Register for entire 3-Part Series
PPE, Fork Trucks and Fall Protection – October 3
There are many OSHA regulations that employers must be in compliance with in order to keep employees safe from harm. Join us to make sure your business is current with OSHA rules and regulations. Speaker, Mark Harmon, will review Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Fork Trucks, and Fall Protection. Speaker: Mark Harmon, Compliance Assistance Specialist, US Department of Labor, OSHA When: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 Where: Fairfield Inn & Suites, 2219 Bee Line Highway, DuBois PA 15801-6319 Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 noon (8:30 am registration) Cost: $10.00 (Please preregister and prepay to save your seat) Register Online Now or Call the Clarion University SBDC at (814) 393-2060 or Toll free at 1 (877) 292-1843 or Email Us